Goodbye UTStats....

Discuss anything involving the {qoou} UT server.
De_Fault
Elite Fragger

Goodbye UTStats....

Post by De_Fault » Sat May 20, 2006 11:20 am

UTStats are no longer being collected for the server. It was an interesting experiment to get them to work, update automatically etc.. There were a couple of reason for this;

* A lot of people figured out how to manipulate the stats to gain ranking which pretty much made them useless.

* They created way to many server.log errors to be counted.

* They don't/didn't register Monsterhunt games at all. I really didn't care that they didn't add player stats againest the monster but they didn't even reigster the games.

I am looking at getting a different stats collecting script going, so stats may be back in another format.

For those of you who didn't know the server was collecting stats, they can be seen here. (until I delete them and install something new)

http://www.qoou.bfgservers.com/download ... /index.php

Megor
Noob Forever / Michael Bolton Lover

Post by Megor » Sat May 20, 2006 11:24 am

It's really a hard value to collect for ut, I mean I guess its interesting to see what weapons you use etc, and the special events etc, but the whole "score" never makes any sense, maybe just make it like a db page where people can say show me person with stuff like the highest win/lose ratio, the most kills, most headshots etc. Shoud be rather easy to do actually.

Bitchy
Script Kiddie

Post by Bitchy » Sat May 20, 2006 12:29 pm

It would be pretty easy to do, but the standard logs are missing a whole lot of useful information. Presumably, the UT stats system which is currently running has a mod which communicates extra information about the games to the external UT stats system. For example, the standard logs do not keep track of assault objectives so it's actually not possible to recreate the in-game scores from the log files.

The files themselves are a really simple format (although kinda braindamaged) and are encoded using unicode (UTF-16). Maybe megor could write something in Perl for us :D

De_Fault
Elite Fragger

Post by De_Fault » Sat May 20, 2006 1:04 pm

Cratos and others from UTA came up with a way to deal with UTStat and Assault (objectives) better that any others I have seen.

An example here;

http://www.utassault.net/utstats/?p=match&mid=17000

Anyone in good with Admins at UTA that could ask for a copy of what they have to modify to our needs/wants?

Flatus
Fragger

Post by Flatus » Sat May 20, 2006 6:36 pm

I know somewhat one of the guys listed on the bottom who modified it. His name is Cratos, so I'm sure I can ask him on your behalf. Only thing is... what would I get in return for the favor? :twisted:

PHatHome666
Script Kiddie
Favorite Weapon: Ripper

Post by PHatHome666 » Sat May 20, 2006 8:03 pm

A new pimped out ride :wink: 8) :D
Wait... what?
Luck is when preparation meets opportunity.
Before.
After.