Teamspeak and the {qoou} Server

Discuss anything involving the {qoou} UT server.
De_Fault
Elite Fragger

Teamspeak and the {qoou} Server

Post by De_Fault » Sun May 21, 2006 2:19 am

There is a new mutator running on the server which will allow you to connect to dede's Teamspeak Server without leaving the game. It may minimize your game while it connects, did for me once, now it just connects.

It you don't know about teamspeak, it's a server run by dede that allows us to connect via headphones/mics and chat while we play.

Need to download it? go here -> http://www.goteamspeak.com/index.php?page=downloads

In the next few days dede and I will setup channels so that you can have binds if you like to join the Red team chat, Blue team chat, All chat, or Spectator chat.

Right now, the only command available is MUTATE TEAMSPEAK

As soon as we get the rest setup Ill post the other commands to bind.

SixPakSuzy
Uber Fragger

Post by SixPakSuzy » Sun May 21, 2006 10:08 am

I had a request for teamspeak on my server a couple of weeks ago. I don't know that much about it other that what it does. Someone posted that teamspeak on a public server is useless because most players don't speak english and it would be useful for a clan server.

I'm sure it would be good for the qoou server as most of us speak english. What do the folks from Canada speak? :wink:

I'll download it and give it a try.

SPS

Megor
Noob Forever / Michael Bolton Lover

Post by Megor » Sun May 21, 2006 10:17 am

We speak English, you speak american!

Captain_Obvious
Site Admin
Favorite Weapon: Impact Hammer!

Post by Captain_Obvious » Sun May 21, 2006 11:35 am

Somebody please explain the word "dialect" to megor. :P
You and the Cap'n make it happen!

PHatHome666
Script Kiddie
Favorite Weapon: Ripper

Post by PHatHome666 » Sun May 21, 2006 1:24 pm

Dictionary.com wrote:A regional or social variety of a language distinguished by pronunciation, grammar, or vocabulary, especially a variety of speech differing from the standard literary language or speech pattern of the culture in which it exists.
Good enough CO?
Wait... what?
Luck is when preparation meets opportunity.
Before.
After.

smantie
1337 H4X0R XTREME
Favorite Weapon: Rox / Sniper

Post by smantie » Sun May 21, 2006 4:33 pm

SixPakSuzy wrote:I'm sure it would be good for the qoou server as most of us speak english.
i dunt spek da neglish guud if ta no wut i m3en k?
Go Alucard, go go Go!

{qoou}Smantie | ~dzz~Batman! | [-L-]Smantz! | =[NWA]=Elif4zagg!n | [ADC]endgegnerrr | =[SveK]=Tensta! | A*Team|Hannibal

De_Fault
Elite Fragger

Post by De_Fault » Sun May 21, 2006 7:12 pm

Just updated the Serverstatus Page with a small script to show who is on the TS server along with who is on the UT Server.

http://downloads.qoou.com/serverstatus.html

You may have to click refresh on your browser to see the change.

De_Fault
Elite Fragger

Post by De_Fault » Sun May 21, 2006 7:14 pm

SixPakSuzy wrote:I had a request for teamspeak on my server a couple of weeks ago. I don't know that much about it other that what it does. Someone posted that teamspeak on a public server is useless because most players don't speak english and it would be useful for a clan server.

I'm sure it would be good for the qoou server as most of us speak english. What do the folks from Canada speak? :wink:

I'll download it and give it a try.

SPS
Your probaly right for a dedicated clan server... but for here it is a lot of fun, since that what we are after it fits perfectly. After all, laughter in any language is still laughter. :)

De_Fault
Elite Fragger

Post by De_Fault » Sun May 21, 2006 10:33 pm

and duh I forgot to say you can join Teamspeak from this page also (if you have javascript on)

http://downloads.qoou.com/serverstatus.html