I'm done with all the bullshit

Discuss anything involving the {qoou} UT server.
The Spammers Won

I'm done with all the bullshit

Post by The Spammers Won » Thu Jun 01, 2006 2:02 am

Hey all,

I'm done with {qoou}, I've spent 45+ years keeping my distance from ignorant people. The forums the last couple of days has just gotten to stupid for me to be a part of.

People that come to lurk and read the forums see all this crap and I'm sure don't highly of the Clan and the people that wear the tag. I no longer wish to be associated with it. What was/is a fun way for me to relax after stressful day at work and socialize with the majority of people I have played UT with and againest over the last 6 years is no longer possible for me on the forums.

I have better things to do, than to try and keep up to date with clan info when I have to read so much stupid shit. It's just not worth it to me anymore. I asked that the spam be contained in the spam thread hopeing people would be respectful enough to do it, I suppose I asked for too much.

In regards to the server, there is $124.00 in the server fund that was contributed by {qoou} members and regular players on the server. My intentions are to let the server run for another 4 months to deplete those funds. After that depending on my desires at that time, I will remove the {qoou} tag from the server and change the name and continue to host a UT server. If this causes the server to die, so be it.

I deactivated my De_Faults account and turned off notifcation of Private message from the forums, that account is dead to me. I logged on this one to let you all know my intentions with the server. Don't bother PM'ing this account either. I'm done with it and the fourms.

Cap't, thanks for all the time and energy in setting up the wiki, server space for me. It's allowed me to be creative in setting up the Server Status page and giving me a place to host files. Please delete this and the De_Fault forum accounts as I no longer have a need for them. People who need to contact me have my email address.

To the spammers I wish you success in your post count so that you can become members of the High Rollers Club.

De...

dede
1337 H4X0R XTREME

Post by dede » Thu Jun 01, 2006 2:36 am

awwww De I hope u really do read this I said that I would stop spamming and I had stopped...I'm sorry for being a jerk these past few days pls don't leave us I take full responsibilty and I feel like such an ass....plssss plssss plsssss :rfrown:
day or not I'll be there:)

Lorus
Script Kiddie

Post by Lorus » Thu Jun 01, 2006 4:24 am

Yikes, I missed out on something.

I'll miss you De. You were one of the few I voted "Yes" to joining the clan. :(
We were somewhere around Barstow on the edge of the desert when the drugs began to take hold. I remember saying something like “I feel a bit lightheaded; maybe you should drive…” And suddenly there was a terrible roar all around us and the sky was full of what looked like huge bats, all swooping and screeching and diving around the car, which was going about a hundred miles an hour with the top down to Las Vegas. And a voice was screaming: “Holy Jesus! What are these goddamn animals?”

pinkbandit
{qoou}

Post by pinkbandit » Thu Jun 01, 2006 6:50 am

:shock: OMG! De, I take responsibility for the majority of the spam and i agree it has gotten completely out of hand and after your comment yesterday i wasn't gonna spam everything, only the spam! Hope you change your mind, so sorry :(

Megor
Noob Forever / Michael Bolton Lover

Post by Megor » Thu Jun 01, 2006 8:25 am

Seems the past week Dede/pink and smantie have been just spamming everything, really guys there is a spam board use it.

PHatHome666
Script Kiddie
Favorite Weapon: Ripper

Post by PHatHome666 » Thu Jun 01, 2006 8:39 am

With such desperate attempts such as spamming to get into the Highrollers Club, there is always an equal and opposite reaction to it as well :cry:
Wait... what?
Luck is when preparation meets opportunity.
Before.
After.

smantie
1337 H4X0R XTREME
Favorite Weapon: Rox / Sniper

Post by smantie » Thu Jun 01, 2006 11:17 am

pinkbandit wrote::shock: OMG! De, I take responsibility for the majority of the spam and i agree it has gotten completely out of hand and after your comment yesterday i wasn't gonna spam everything, only the spam! Hope you change your mind, so sorry :(
I'll take the majority of the blame, actually. With the addition of the 1+ minute waiting period between posts and the fact that I've been sick of it myself for a long time I think the majority of people are stopping with the spam. You'll notice last night I kept mainly to the serious threads in the clan discussion after a while in an attempt to meet De's request.

The problem here is that the forum is disorganized. Spam topics are added to "News" and "Off Topic" and the "Spam" forum has threads so terrible they're not usually even worth posting in.

I think people (myself certainly included) need to make a distinction between spam and valid posts/discussion though. A lot of the spam that goes on (particularly me and pink) should be happening on MSN, not here.

Sorry.
Go Alucard, go go Go!

{qoou}Smantie | ~dzz~Batman! | [-L-]Smantz! | =[NWA]=Elif4zagg!n | [ADC]endgegnerrr | =[SveK]=Tensta! | A*Team|Hannibal

bbaldwin
Uber Fragger

Post by bbaldwin » Thu Jun 01, 2006 1:43 pm

Go idle in TGB IRC if it's back up.

Flatus
Fragger

Post by Flatus » Thu Jun 01, 2006 7:23 pm

Oh, so now the message has sunk in (that I posted before) & it got a member to leave to finally be realized. GG spamzlolers! :lol:

Captain_Obvious
Site Admin
Favorite Weapon: Impact Hammer!

Post by Captain_Obvious » Thu Jun 01, 2006 8:07 pm

Flatus wrote:Oh, so now the message has sunk in (that I posted before) & it got a member to leave to finally be realized. GG spamzlolers! :lol:
Oh the message was already sunken. :P

Look... we're living in a time where everybody wants problems solved immediately. Just as those who spam to gain access to a forum want access right now, the people who are tired of that spam also want it to stop immediately. That's great, but some things take time.

Now, two days ago de posted what most of us already knew. The spamming was getting a little out of control. Six hours later, I increased the flood interval to help encourage longer, more thought out posts. I don't like to make the flood interval too long because it can interfere with legitimate posting, and it makes it difficult to edit posts, but it's also probably the most effective way to deal with spamming.

So.... the flood interval didn't work as well as it might have, so two days later (keep in mind I also had a short camping trip in between here) I proposed some ways to fix the high rollers club to prevent further spamming.

Look, if de wants to leave qoou, that's his choice, and I certainly respect it. Sure he's been a great asset to the clan, and I'd be sorry to see him go, but it's his choice, and I'm not going to stop him. But like I said earlier, "I don't think there's been a problem that this clan can't solve.", and I think that mostly what will fix this problem is simply the realization for some that the fun they were having with posting a lot was causing frustration for others. Most people that I've talked to about this feel bad, and plan on significantly cutting down on the spam.

Sorry if this post was incoherent, but I'm rushing off to my sister's graduation... ggs. ;)
You and the Cap'n make it happen!

Turbo_asswhup
1337 H4X0R XTREME

Post by Turbo_asswhup » Fri Jun 02, 2006 1:56 am

oh shit

what the hell happened?

Captain_Obvious
Site Admin
Favorite Weapon: Impact Hammer!

Post by Captain_Obvious » Fri Jun 02, 2006 10:44 am

I've split off the High Rollers club discussion:
http://www.qoou.com/viewtopic.php?t=1142
You and the Cap'n make it happen!

Violence
Forum Member

Just got back from business

Post by Violence » Thu Jun 08, 2006 5:51 pm

Dont go De.
There are only 18-25 ppl that play North American Assault with 3456 alias' each.....

heidi_klum
Forum Member

Post by heidi_klum » Mon Jun 19, 2006 6:37 pm

sorry to hear you leave de, but one thing is for certain
you will always be a cooler person than megor!

Megor
Noob Forever / Michael Bolton Lover

Post by Megor » Mon Jun 19, 2006 10:24 pm

my mom says im cool :(

Bitchy
Script Kiddie

Post by Bitchy » Mon Jun 19, 2006 11:34 pm

Megor wrote:my mom says im cool :(
That's because you pay her to say that, Megor.

:D

{qoou}DOS
Spamola King

Post by {qoou}DOS » Mon Jun 26, 2006 7:54 pm

Damn! You have to pay for that too? :wink: :wink: :wink:
Nicaragua, better than Wisconsin

Pwnzor
Forum Member

Re: I'm done with all the bullshit

Post by Pwnzor » Wed Jul 19, 2006 9:35 pm

The Spammers Won wrote:Hey all,

I'm done with {qoou}, I've spent 45+ years keeping my distance from ignorant people. The forums the last couple of days has just gotten to stupid for me to be a part of.

People that come to lurk and read the forums see all this crap and I'm sure don't highly of the Clan and the people that wear the tag. I no longer wish to be associated with it. What was/is a fun way for me to relax after stressful day at work and socialize with the majority of people I have played UT with and againest over the last 6 years is no longer possible for me on the forums.

I have better things to do, than to try and keep up to date with clan info when I have to read so much stupid shit. It's just not worth it to me anymore. I asked that the spam be contained in the spam thread hopeing people would be respectful enough to do it, I suppose I asked for too much.

In regards to the server, there is $124.00 in the server fund that was contributed by {qoou} members and regular players on the server. My intentions are to let the server run for another 4 months to deplete those funds. After that depending on my desires at that time, I will remove the {qoou} tag from the server and change the name and continue to host a UT server. If this causes the server to die, so be it.

I deactivated my De_Faults account and turned off notifcation of Private message from the forums, that account is dead to me. I logged on this one to let you all know my intentions with the server. Don't bother PM'ing this account either. I'm done with it and the fourms.

Cap't, thanks for all the time and energy in setting up the wiki, server space for me. It's allowed me to be creative in setting up the Server Status page and giving me a place to host files. Please delete this and the De_Fault forum accounts as I no longer have a need for them. People who need to contact me have my email address.

To the spammers I wish you success in your post count so that you can become members of the High Rollers Club.

De...
ggz, kk/ds winnars!!!
zzz

Turbo_asswhup
1337 H4X0R XTREME

Post by Turbo_asswhup » Thu Jul 20, 2006 10:21 am

arent you kinda late for all these topics? :lol:

Pwnzor
Forum Member

Post by Pwnzor » Fri Jul 21, 2006 1:03 am

arent u kinda nowhere to tell me that? + cb12 ftw
zzz