Server crashes - Full wipe and resinstall

Discuss anything involving the {qoou} UT server.
SixPakSuzy
Uber Fragger

Server crashes - Full wipe and resinstall

Post by SixPakSuzy » Sun Feb 07, 2010 8:02 am

Hello everyone. The AS server constantly crashes with no clues as to what is causing the problem in the logs.

I am currently wiping the server and performing a full re-install. The server will only be loaded with the standard AS maps and LeagueAS until the server proves to be stable. I'm not sure if it is the server or a mod that is crashing the server.

SPS
SixPakSuzy | aCuteLittleKitten | TheGuyFromSeven | WhiteRussian | Cr4zyB4st4rd | MeanAngryMan

SixPakSuzy
Uber Fragger

Re: Server crashes - Full wipe and resinstall

Post by SixPakSuzy » Mon Feb 08, 2010 8:47 am

Server still crashes. :evil:

SixPakSuzy
Uber Fragger

Post by SixPakSuzy » Mon Feb 08, 2010 4:36 pm

I've moved the server to Chicago. The new IP is: 68.232.172.107:7777

SixPakSuzy | aCuteLittleKitten | TheGuyFromSeven | WhiteRussian | Cr4zyB4st4rd | MeanAngryMan

Turbo_asswhup
1337 H4X0R XTREME

Post by Turbo_asswhup » Mon Feb 08, 2010 11:37 pm

damn im in chicago right now...if i had the game installed on my laptop i could have gotten such a good ping

SixPakSuzy
Uber Fragger

Post by SixPakSuzy » Sat Feb 13, 2010 7:51 am

The server hasn't crashed once since its been located in Chicago. I had that same issue years ago when I had another game server in NJ. I think they have a bad server there.

I'm still getting a good ping of 40 - 60 here on the east coast.

smantie
1337 H4X0R XTREME
Favorite Weapon: Rox / Sniper

Post by smantie » Sun Feb 14, 2010 6:46 pm

The server I own through Gameservers in NY/NJ hasn't crashed.
Go Alucard, go go Go!

{qoou}Smantie | ~dzz~Batman! | [-L-]Smantz! | =[NWA]=Elif4zagg!n | [ADC]endgegnerrr | =[SveK]=Tensta! | A*Team|Hannibal

SixPakSuzy
Uber Fragger

Post by SixPakSuzy » Sun Mar 07, 2010 9:53 am

Hello everyone. Since the server has proven reliable, I have re-enabled the Random Weapon and Push Away mods, along with the custom maps with mapvote.

Also, I've been playing around with a linux server with the intent of setting up a dedicated server in the NOC at my office in Delaware. However, this has proven to be difficult as the IT department keeps interfering with my box. I have been trying to decide if I want to rent a dedicated box and I am considering a VPS at http://www.slicehost.com/. They have two locations, one in Dallas, Texas and one in St. Louis, Missouri. I'd like to host multiple game types. I'm not sure what size "slice" I would need, but the good thing with SliceHost is that there are no long term agreements and I can upgrade or downgrade as I need. More on this later.

Best,
SPS