gettng bumped from server

Discuss anything involving the {qoou} UT server.
Lemiwinks
Forum Member

gettng bumped from server

Post by Lemiwinks » Thu Mar 09, 2006 12:47 am

Hi De_Fault.
I finally went to your server when everyone was there and bot bumped from it after playing 3 maps. Now it's rejecting me every time :cry:
You know I don't pay know that details about how it works. I just like to play. What's going on ?

Captain_Obvious
Site Admin
Favorite Weapon: Impact Hammer!

Post by Captain_Obvious » Thu Mar 09, 2006 1:10 am

Was that during the FIFA CTF map? Because if so, you weren't the only one getting bumped. :wink:
You and the Cap'n make it happen!

De_Fault
Elite Fragger

Post by De_Fault » Thu Mar 09, 2006 1:48 am

As Cap't said, during the SLV-CTF-Fifa Map a lot of people were crashing out of the game. I found this error over and over just before people crashed. I have no idea what it is, other than perhaps the map doesn't like the Strangelove Mutator.

ScriptWarning: CTFGame CTF-FIFA.CTFGame0 (Function Engine.GameInfo.Killed:0113) Accessed None <-- Intersting that only some people crashed out.

As far as getting bumped, I need more details. Was the server full? 12 people max. (at times tonight it was) If so it's kind of a luck of the draw as to who gets in. If the server wasn't full then do you remember the last map you played. (Easier to search the logs with some idea)

If it happens again, enter as spectator and see it that will work. During a real quick search of the logs I didn't see anything noting that the server had kicked you. So I need more info from you to figure this out. Plz post here as soon as it happens so the sequence if fresh in your mind, also check the System Console window to see if it gives you a reason you can't enter. I'm assuming your not getting kicked, just can't get it?

Let me know

De...

Lemiwinks
Forum Member

Post by Lemiwinks » Thu Mar 09, 2006 2:15 am

I think it was probably the same time others were having trouble too.

I got bumped between maps. It said rejected by server and kept saying that for about 20 min.

Lemiwinks
Forum Member

Post by Lemiwinks » Thu Mar 09, 2006 2:16 am

dont know how to be a spectator :oops: I know nothing :? just glad you guys will play with me :roll:

De_Fault
Elite Fragger

Post by De_Fault » Thu Mar 09, 2006 2:43 am

Lemiwinks wrote:I think it was probably the same time others were having trouble too.

I got bumped between maps. It said rejected by server and kept saying that for about 20 min.
Ah Ok this sounds like the server had max players in it. Use the Specate Mode to join the game and watch for people to leave then rejoin as a player. (see below)

On the Main Menu Click "Options", then click "Player Setup", click the box titled "Play as Spectator". Then join a game, click your fire button to view thru other players or view thru your own position and fly around.

Remember to uncheck "Play as Spectator" when you want to actually join a game and play.

De...

Lemiwinks
Forum Member

Post by Lemiwinks » Thu Mar 09, 2006 9:21 pm

If it becomes full even though I'm already there I get bumped ?

Hey that spectator mode sounds like it would be very useful , Lot easier to learn new maps and tricks. Thanks

De_Fault
Elite Fragger

Post by De_Fault » Mon Mar 13, 2006 3:26 am

No Lemi, you shouldn't get bumped while a game is in play. I have noticed that in a game with a few people that your connection is always last to connect. So, it is possible that *if* the game was full or people joined right at a map change and it filled the server then then its possible the server could be full by the time your connection tries to enter and you wouldn't be able to join.

If that ever happens and I'm on ther server enter thru Spectator mode and ask me to sit out while you play. I won't mind.

Flatus
Fragger

Post by Flatus » Sun Mar 19, 2006 3:00 am

Last day it was full, so I tried spectator too... no dice. I don't even know what was wrong, I just get a pic on the map, the odd things said or done in the consol & that was it. As if I was frozen solid & this odd thing telling to say !open for something to show up. :?

Btw, I did manage to get that SL racing map & saw it offline. Very odd I must say. :o

De_Fault
Elite Fragger

Post by De_Fault » Sun Mar 19, 2006 3:27 am

Were you trying to enter as ChunkusMaximus or somethinglike that?

If so, I remember that. The map was Siege][. If you have installed the textures from your UT CD Disk2 for use with OpenGL, then it will let you in the game and cause you to be frozen on Siege][ and Mazon. The textures from CD2 are not compatible with the servers version of textures. To fix, copy your textures from your UT CD Disk1 into your /unrealtournament/texture directory.

The !open issue is called AdminServerController (ASC750) For admins and players there are some very handy features available thru this mutator. Try entering the server on a Map other than Siege][ or Mazon and just like you were trying to type something using SAY, just type !open.

AS-{qoou}Race is a Strangelove Only map. Yes it is odd. It was designed to give people the practice of riding, steering, and shooting from a strangelove rocket. Any tardo can shoot a strangelove and get kills, but to get a kill while riding a strangelove takes some skill. All the doors have switches that need to be shot to open or close them. If your not sure what to do Press F3 or type ShowObjectives in the system console.

You can download the map here (with StrangeLove or Stuffswapper) and give it a go offline.

BTW, Killerdude ask me to test his new map on your server, most of the files that the server sends people were not compressed. Took a long time to get it. Do you have a file compression utility? and/or redirection server?

De...

Flatus
Fragger

Post by Flatus » Mon Mar 20, 2006 5:11 am

No, Chunkus is another member of the clan & I saw him in there playing. It was frozen before Seige][ & on that map before I left to go elsewhere. I've had almost no problem before with any server since I got the game 5 yrs ago (I never used opengl btw). Check the logs to see what it said cause nothing wrong showed up on my end. :?
Like I said before, I got that SL map & ghosted around to see how it was like. IMO, it wouldn't be my top 10 SL racing maps I would pick on a server. :twisted:

As for KD's map, it's just a very small thing that will be there for another day. I didn't add it to the redirect since it was only there to be tested out for over the weekend. All the other stuff I got is on the redirect (unless I missed one, then I got no idea what that would be). Hopefully I'll have some time soon to add more map, etc. in the coming days. Been just too busy with RL since last Dec.

Captain_Obvious
Site Admin
Favorite Weapon: Impact Hammer!

Post by Captain_Obvious » Mon Mar 20, 2006 5:15 am

Flatus wrote:IMO, it wouldn't be my top 10 SL racing maps I would pick on a server. :twisted:
WTF it's the greatest SL racing map (ok I've only played 2 ;)) of all time!!!!
You and the Cap'n make it happen!

Flatus
Fragger

Post by Flatus » Mon Mar 20, 2006 5:26 am

Captain_Obvious wrote:
Flatus wrote:IMO, it wouldn't be my top 10 SL racing maps I would pick on a server. :twisted:
WTF it's the greatest SL racing map (ok I've only played 2 ;)) of all time!!!!
You then need to go out & get more of them. I still have the 1st ones ever made for it! :P

De_Fault
Elite Fragger

Post by De_Fault » Wed Mar 22, 2006 8:06 pm

Post some links please or if you have the maps PM me for my gmail addy. I'm always happy to test different maps.

I have never come across any Strangelove Only Assault Maps other than AS-Strangerace. I'm mainly interested in StrangeLove Maps that require peeps to fly the strangelove thru the whole map. I'll take and install for testing any maps you have.

AS-Strangelove is sorta that way except for the intense amount of spam you have to put up with at the start from players who shoot from the solid ground at a flying rocket. It's even worse than Guardia in that respect. - Deemer Spam :twisted: That's why AS-{qoou)Race came about due to a lack of maps that actually required skill with the Strangelove. If you have some maps like that, I'd be happy to put them up on the server.

Hopefully you actually played the AS-{qoou}Race and not just ghosted thru it as you stated in an earlier post. I can understand people who either like it or those that don't. I was mainly interested in creating a map that required skill in flying the strangelove rocket, shooting to open/close doors, navigsting small opening, timing doors, etc... as oppossed to redeemer spam.

Flatus
Fragger

Post by Flatus » Sat Mar 25, 2006 9:03 pm

Ok, PM sent & about to find the maps to zip them up. As for sites, I doubt one can find any. Let google be your friend.

Most of the maps are AS-based, so be ready to have fun!

Btw, I tried getting on the server again... still no luck (both as player & spectator). Is there anything on the logs to say why? This was last day btw & just like as if one is there, yet nothing else (like frozen at a moment of the game).

Flatus
Fragger

Post by Flatus » Fri Mar 31, 2006 2:11 pm

:evil1: BUMP!

Btw, I also added a new ctf map for SL in the zip. If you can think of another, let me know (I may have it or can get it).