XP NOT SUPPORTED!!!

Whats happening in Battlefield.
special_Kare
Server Admin

XP NOT SUPPORTED!!!

Post by special_Kare » Sat Oct 01, 2011 1:45 pm

Alucard learned the hard way over the weekend that BF3 will not run on XP only Windows 7. The reason behind this is that the developers have decided to abandon any support for DX9 and since XP cannot support DX10 or DX11 no more XP. I for one am glad that video game companies are starting to get away from XP. XP was released in 2001 I think it's time to let it die. Also support for XP is ending in January so now is a good time to make the jump and upgrade to Windows 7. For anyone hesitant out there that is still running XP trust my word as a technician that Windows 7 is FAR superior to XP and can support anything that runs on XP. So come out of the caves and abandon your bronze age tools XP users and join us Win 7 users in epic Battlefield 3 glory!! :chased:
"I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me."
--Hunter S. Thompson

smantie
1337 H4X0R XTREME
Favorite Weapon: Rox / Sniper

Re: XP NOT SUPPORTED!!!

Post by smantie » Mon Oct 10, 2011 4:25 pm

When I got my new rig (missing videocard/soundcard -if anyone has extra please support me!) Irish_Drunk made me upgrade to win7 which I was disappointed with (doesn't run UT proper and I'm sad) but the win7 user experience is frickin perfection in the form of an operating system.
Go Alucard, go go Go!

{qoou}Smantie | ~dzz~Batman! | [-L-]Smantz! | =[NWA]=Elif4zagg!n | [ADC]endgegnerrr | =[SveK]=Tensta! | A*Team|Hannibal

special_Kare
Server Admin

Post by special_Kare » Mon Oct 10, 2011 6:31 pm

Hmm I actually have a sound card I could ship you. Its a 2 year old sound blaster live pro 24 bit. i don't need it anymore since my mobo comes with 7.1 built in. PM your address and its yours.
"I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me."
--Hunter S. Thompson

special_Kare
Server Admin

Post by special_Kare » Mon Oct 10, 2011 7:20 pm

And what about your UT isnt working right? I can help you tweak it to make it run better cause I have no issue.
--Hunter S. Thompson