This thread will be reserved to build a general resource full of Glossary, FAQs, Game Knowledge, Good Links etc. The quality of the post will improve over time as I learn the BBCode's available in this version of phpBB, for the meantime bear with me.
Please feel free to ask questions that you would like to see in the FAQs section.
- Caller - The point man for strategy of the game. Synonym: IGL
- IGL - In Game Leader, the point man for strategy of the game. Synonym: Caller
- Flirt - To occupy the enemies time with out committing. If your IGL asks you to flirt your single most focus must be staying alive. If you die when asked to flirt you have failed your IGL.
Primary goals: Gain XP, Delay an objective, or scout enemy.
Secondary Goals: Push enemy back, obtain objective, or kill enemy.
- Knights - Older term for the Bruiser Mercenary Camps. Synonym: Bruisers or Hard Camps
- Q: How do I view FPS and other Stats on Screen?
A: Press CTRL + ALT + F while in game.
- Q: My IGL is asking me to make a move I do not agree with, what is a proper reaction?
A: This is a team game, we must maintain a unified front or we will not ever win. In this case you should begin the action your IGL asked with out committing fully while you quickly voice your objection. After the objection is made your IGL will make the final call to defer to your judgement or not. Once the final call is made you should follow it to the best of your ability.
- When using long channeled abilities to deal heavy damage ( Nova | Triple Tap, Nazeebo | Spirt Ulti, Lili | Water Dragon etc... etc...) cast the spell as FAR away from enemies as possible.
- Remember that XP from one minion wave is 531, and the XP from a kill doesn't reach 550 until LEVEL 6 Early ganks are NOT worth missing minion XP for.
- Towers give 400xp and Forts give 800xp. Early pushing can mean level 10 first.
Links and External Resources
- Resource for map statistic, build statistics, and MMR Tracking.
- Resource for mocking up talent builds to share/examine
- Draft Tool for Custom Tournaments
- List of team rankings, clicking on the team will give you Draft Information and hero usage.