A short guide on how to play Overwatch like a sociopath.
- Step 1: Pick a shitty hero. (anything in the lower tiers is good)
- Step 2: Play that hero better than its other players at your rank. A 3000 SR Sombra main just has to have better stats than the other Sombras at 3000SR to rise. Because fewer people main with shitty heroes, it is easier to rank up with them.
- Step 3: Rarely switch heros. Suppose that your team desperately needs a healer. You're not bad at healing, but you're really good at Sombra. (compared to the other Sombras) What you should do in this situation is STAY SOMBRA. Your team will benefit way more from the healer, but your individual SR will benefit from you staying Sombra. When it comes to composition, do not be a team player. Let somebody else switch and take the SR hit.
- Step 4: Do things that may hurt your team, but boost your individual stats. For example, heal your team even if the other team is dead, and your Mercy is standing right next to you while your ult is up and her's isn't. Actions like his will help you to have greater healing than the average player at your rank, slightly boosting your SR at the cost of your Mercy's ult charge. You can also spam damage even if it's going to charge the enemy's ults. It is often better for your team if you just sit back and wait, however spamming will cause you to have greater damage output than the average player at your rank. These actions slightly reduce your chance of winning a match, but at a net benefit to your SR.
- In summary, to gain SR, play shitty heroes, and play selfishly. You may lower your team's chance of winning, but when you do win, you'll gain way more SR, and when you lose, you'll lose less SR.