Help me! I'm choppy.

We were all noobs once -need a map or have you forgotten how to hammer launch?
Lorus
Script Kiddie

Help me! I'm choppy.

Post by Lorus » Sun May 28, 2006 6:05 pm

Not sure what happened. Used to be fine back in December when I last played. Now as soon as I load up UT it's really choppy. Takes quite a bit of time just to be able to click on things to get into a game and then it still continues to be choppy. I've found that f12 to turn it into a window it'll run smoothly and then alt + enter to bring it back to full screen and it will continue to run smooth. I just don't want to have to do that whole process each time I play since it's quite time consuming. Any ideas on what could fix this?
We were somewhere around Barstow on the edge of the desert when the drugs began to take hold. I remember saying something like “I feel a bit lightheaded; maybe you should drive…” And suddenly there was a terrible roar all around us and the sky was full of what looked like huge bats, all swooping and screeching and diving around the car, which was going about a hundred miles an hour with the top down to Las Vegas. And a voice was screaming: “Holy Jesus! What are these goddamn animals?”

smantie
1337 H4X0R XTREME
Favorite Weapon: Rox / Sniper

Post by smantie » Sun May 28, 2006 8:06 pm

Let me be the first to say it- maybe if you played more often you wouldn't have this problem :P
Go Alucard, go go Go!

{qoou}Smantie | ~dzz~Batman! | [-L-]Smantz! | =[NWA]=Elif4zagg!n | [ADC]endgegnerrr | =[SveK]=Tensta! | A*Team|Hannibal

De_Fault
Elite Fragger

Post by De_Fault » Sun May 28, 2006 8:48 pm

Try renaming your unealtournament.ini file to something else such unealtournament_orig.ini Then restart the game, UT will make a new file and should give you a place to start with troubleshooting. ie. vid drivers.

Let us know.

smantie wrote:Let me be the first to say it- maybe if you played more often you wouldn't have this problem :P
Lorus has been online at TGB for some time as seen here; :shock: http://dev.thegamebox.net/modules.php?n ... .70.124.85

smantie
1337 H4X0R XTREME

Post by smantie » Sun May 28, 2006 9:14 pm

De_Fault wrote:
smantie wrote:Let me be the first to say it- maybe if you played more often you wouldn't have this problem :P
Lorus has been online at TGB for some time as seen here; :shock: http://dev.thegamebox.net/modules.php?n ... .70.124.85
Lorus wrote:Used to be fine back in December when I last played.
Go Alucard, go go Go!

{qoou}Smantie | ~dzz~Batman! | [-L-]Smantz! | =[NWA]=Elif4zagg!n | [ADC]endgegnerrr | =[SveK]=Tensta! | A*Team|Hannibal

Bitchy
Script Kiddie

Post by Bitchy » Sun May 28, 2006 10:37 pm

De_Fault wrote: Lorus has been online at TGB for some time as seen here; :shock: http://dev.thegamebox.net/modules.php?n ... .70.124.85
You noticed that too! Is she defending or is she attacking? If she's attacking all I can say is get that video problem fixed. If she's defending all I can say is way to go!!

:)

special_Kare
Server Admin

Post by special_Kare » Sun May 28, 2006 10:54 pm

De_Fault wrote:
:roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:
"I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me."
--Hunter S. Thompson

Lorus
Script Kiddie

Post by Lorus » Tue May 30, 2006 1:53 am

You found me out! I play more than all of you combined!

De- I'll give it a try. Don't really want to have to reset all my settings but if it'll fix the problem then I will!
We were somewhere around Barstow on the edge of the desert when the drugs began to take hold. I remember saying something like “I feel a bit lightheaded; maybe you should drive…” And suddenly there was a terrible roar all around us and the sky was full of what looked like huge bats, all swooping and screeching and diving around the car, which was going about a hundred miles an hour with the top down to Las Vegas. And a voice was screaming: “Holy Jesus! What are these goddamn animals?”

\/.oDK@
Script Kiddie

Post by \/.oDK@ » Tue May 30, 2006 4:01 am

Hi Lorus :)

smantie
1337 H4X0R XTREME

Post by smantie » Tue May 30, 2006 8:11 pm

Hi Vodka.
Go Alucard, go go Go!

\/.oDK@
Script Kiddie

Post by \/.oDK@ » Tue May 30, 2006 8:26 pm

hmmmmmm,having the same problem on my comp at home now:oh dear:: you jinx lorus :shock:

hi,smantie

Lorus
Script Kiddie

Post by Lorus » Wed May 31, 2006 2:41 am

\/.oDK@ wrote:hmmmmmm,having the same problem on my comp at home now:oh dear:: you jinx lorus :shock:
I've spread my disease!

P.S. - Hi Vodka :)

Lorus
Script Kiddie

Post by Lorus » Wed May 31, 2006 2:43 am

De - Getting rid of the old file worked. It runs normally now but when I join a map it "hiccups" every couple of seconds for the first couple minutes. Haven't played enough to see if it continues when I switch games or maybe it's just Haley's. Hmmm. Now I have to go and find all my favourite servers again.

Boy do I suck. 5 months off isn't good for the skillz.

P.S. - Shhhhh Megor. No comments from you needed! :P