Servers not displaying

We were all noobs once -need a map or have you forgotten how to hammer launch?
Denial
Deck16 Whore

Servers not displaying

Post by Denial » Wed Nov 08, 2006 10:58 pm

Currently my server browser for UT is not loading either favorites or any other tabs. It acts as if it's loading servers with the incrementer on the bottom going to 1600 servers then it doesn't load any. Should I possibly delete my ini files? reinstall?

Id prefer a fix where I won't lose my favourites etc. Danke!

Captain_Obvious
Site Admin
Favorite Weapon: Impact Hammer!

Post by Captain_Obvious » Wed Nov 08, 2006 11:04 pm

If you want to backup your favorites, they're listed in the UnrealTournament.ini file. Just search it for "favorites".

As far as making the favorites work properly within UT, I wouldn't know. :P I started using Xfire to manage my favorites a while ago.
You and the Cap'n make it happen!

Denial
Deck16 Whore

Post by Denial » Wed Nov 08, 2006 11:35 pm

I Was hoping there was some quick fix that wouldn't require much work. Thanks though ;)

special_Kare
Server Admin

Post by special_Kare » Wed Nov 08, 2006 11:49 pm

yeah the simplest way is to just cut and paste your unrealtournament.ini somewhere outside your system folder and then start up UT again so that it will create a new one, then see if your problem is fixed. if so then you can just paste in your favorites, player name, etc...
"I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me."
--Hunter S. Thompson

weedhelmet
Semi-Noob

Post by weedhelmet » Fri Nov 10, 2006 9:17 am

special_Kare wrote:yeah the simplest way is to just cut and paste your unrealtournament.ini somewhere outside your system folder and then start up UT again so that it will create a new one, then see if your problem is fixed. if so then you can just paste in your favorites, player name, etc...
thats what i do :thumbup2:

Denial
Deck16 Whore

Post by Denial » Fri Nov 10, 2006 7:16 pm

Hmm I removed the UT ini and a couple custom tabs I had and still no luck... :( I guess I'll have to reinstall

OR UNINSTALL GG!

special_Kare
Server Admin

Post by special_Kare » Fri Nov 10, 2006 9:38 pm

no wait, try removing these files, IpDrv.dll, IpDrv.int, IpDrv.u, IpServer.int, IpServer.u, UpdateServer.ini, MasterServer.ini, UBrowser.int, UBrowser.u, UTBrowser.u---then see what happens
"I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me."
--Hunter S. Thompson

Denial
Deck16 Whore

Post by Denial » Sat Nov 11, 2006 1:51 pm

special_Kare wrote:no wait, try removing these files, IpDrv.dll, IpDrv.int, IpDrv.u, IpServer.int, IpServer.u, UpdateServer.ini, MasterServer.ini, UBrowser.int, UBrowser.u, UTBrowser.u---then see what happens
Now it won't start lol :P 'Critical error' THANKS SK YOURE SO HELPFUL

special_Kare
Server Admin

Post by special_Kare » Sat Nov 11, 2006 5:53 pm

:roflmao:
--Hunter S. Thompson

Flatus
Fragger

Post by Flatus » Thu Nov 16, 2006 7:39 am

:lol: That was funny (since he really did that) & mean at the same time! :shock:
Seems like some file was added or changed & bingo, no worky. :roll: