For Lorus (HammerBind)

We were all noobs once -need a map or have you forgotten how to hammer launch?
De_Fault
Elite Fragger

For Lorus (HammerBind)

Post by De_Fault » Mon Nov 28, 2005 12:22 am

Hey Lorus,

You asked for a hammer bind the tonight in-game, so here's what I use. Hope it helps. (had a help file laying around that I found so this is copy/pasted) :)

Open your User.ini file with Notepad The User.ini is in the UT\System directory.

Near the top should be a line that reads like this;

[Engine.Input]

(if you have not added any aliases, then Aliases[25] should be free. Copy and paste the following line to your User.ini file in the place of Aliases[25]

Aliases[25]=(Command="getweapon ImpactHammer | Button bFire | Fire | OnRelease Jump",Alias=IJump)

Save the User.ini file and start UT.

Hit the ~ tilde key (by default) to open the System Console Dialog Box, type in the word "preferences" (minus the quotes). This will open the Advanced Dialog Box.

Click on the + next to Advanced, then click on the + next to Raw Key Bindings. Scroll down and chose a key to bind the alias too. I suggest a key close by your movement keys. Once you have chosen a key click on the data line and type IJump. The hit escape a few times.

(this you probaly already know but... here it is anysways)

-= Explanation of how the bind works =-
To use an alias it must be bound to a key. I have mine bound to the shift key, I use the arrow keys for movement so the shift key is close by. When I push and hold the shift key, it charges and holds the hammer primed (just like holding the primary fire button) To do a hammer jump such as from the back dock to the Ship in Frigate, I hold the shift key run backwards aim at a 45 degree angle down and release the key when I want to launch (somewhat close to the edge). *Most* hammer jump work better backwards, in Mazon it is possible to jump forward over the front gate. Timing and *lots* of practice is required to be successful most of the time.

In case I have totally lost you here are some links to sites that explain Aliases.

Http://www.accesswave.ca/~seburges/binds&aliases.html

Http://cleaned.beyondunreal.com/UTFaq/ALIASES.HTM