Anyone know how to get in touch with de_fault?

Everyone cares about what you have to say.
Captain_Obvious
Site Admin
Favorite Weapon: Impact Hammer!

Anyone know how to get in touch with de_fault?

Post by Captain_Obvious » Fri Jun 23, 2006 5:59 pm

Does anyone know how to get in touch with de_fault? I've tried both emailing and PMing him, but with no answer. :roll:

We wanted to get the qoou server funds (which many people here paid into) transfered into the new server. Within hours of when we set up the new server, he managed to take the qoou name off of the old one, but qoous are still paying for it.

When de left on June 1st, there was still $124 in the server fund. It would be nice if we could get whatever remaining funds are left before another month is paid for.... so... if anyone knows how to get in touch with him, please tell de to check his PMs and email. :roll:
You and the Cap'n make it happen!

Bitchy
Script Kiddie

Post by Bitchy » Fri Jun 23, 2006 6:24 pm

what email address are you sending to?

B.

Captain_Obvious
Site Admin

Post by Captain_Obvious » Fri Jun 23, 2006 6:36 pm

de_faults at hotmail dot com <--- that's the only one I've seen posted on here. It's also the account he signed up with on here, and it's his paypal address. He also hasnt been on xfire or I'd contact him that way. :P

Megor
Noob Forever / Michael Bolton Lover

Post by Megor » Fri Jun 23, 2006 8:09 pm

try his gmail?

Captain_Obvious
Site Admin

Post by Captain_Obvious » Sat Jun 24, 2006 6:14 am

Sooo.... yesterday de sent out a rather long email in response to my little post at the top of this topic. De would prefer to slander the "qoou leadership" in private, away from our boards, but seeing as how he mysteriously doesn't get my emails, I'll post his email broken down with my replies here. I've left out a few things, specifically de's amazing plans for the future, and financial information about donations.

But first, I'd appreciate it if somebody passed the following message on to de... allegedly he doesn't read these forums either:

De, YOU decided to quit the clan. Not the other way around. All I did was ask about getting some of the unused money back. I wanted to have a calm, civil, private, discussion with you, but if you really want to bring more people into this, we can...

De's Email to the Server Donators, with my replies below his comments:
De_Fault wrote: [de quotes my above post at the start of this topic]

Well apparently a few people know how to get in touch of me through
email, as I got this and other emails from {qoou} clanners and other
people who play on the server."
Well I'm glad to see that you check emails you get from other people in the clan. I sent at least two emails to de_faults at hotmail.com. If you didn't get them, maybe you need to get check your spam filter.

De_Fault wrote: "Just to be sure, listed below are 2
valid email addresses I look at everyday. I posted in the "I had
enough of the Bullshit" thread on the {qoou} Forums that I was done
with the Forums and the Clan. I made no secret to the fact that I did
not want to be associated with some of the childish things going on
within {qoou}."
De, the most childish thing that I've seen in the history of this game (or any other game for that matter) is a person whining, quitting a clan, crippling their server, and refusing to go back to their forums all because a couple people posted some spam to it for 2 days.
De_Fault wrote:"I asked CaptainObvious to remove my account on the Forum. I haven't
received any emails from CaptainObvious."

Like I said, "I sent at least two emails to de_faults at hotmail.com", and I'd have emailed wtfdefault at gmail.com if I'd remembered seeing it posted anywhere. "If you didn't get the emails I sent, maybe you need to check your spam filter."

De_Fault wrote:"To make it clear to everyone
again. I am no longer a member of {qoou} I do not post, read or visit
the {qoou} Forums. If you need to get in touch of me, use the below
email addresses and I will gladly answer."
Well then maybe you'll understand why we felt the need to start a new server. We simply cannot have a non-member who we have no way of getting in touch with running our server. Over the past couple weeks, the heavily modded server was crashing frequently, and you kept changing the game type for long periods. You can't make the server miserable for us, and then expect us to just lay back and accept it.

De_Fault wrote:"In regards to the qoou Server Funds being transferred to the new
server. I am not going to transfer funds at the request of {qoou} Clan
leadership because they started a new server. That was their choice."
Sorry De, I started trying to contact you about the server funds within a week of you quitting. It's not easy to do! At that time we knew we'd probably have to move elsewhere, but had no plans beyond that regarding a new server. We finally started setting up the new server because yours kept crashing and was loaded with other mods and gametypes. If you really wanted to keep the server running without much work on your part, you should have given us some real admin access to it.

De_Fault wrote:"For the leadership to ask that money that the leadership themselves
didn't even donate to be refunded is extremely lame and IMHO piss poor
leadership."
De, I talked to 5 or 6 of the clan members about this (at least a few of them were donators), and everyone felt the same way as me. If I donated money to support my clan's server, and the person running it decided to completely change, stop supporting, and finally remove the clan's name from the server, I would want my money to be moved to the clan's new server.

De, the difference between me and you is that you see the {qoou} server as your server and the {qoou} forums as my forums, while I see the {qoou} server as the {qoou} member's server and the forums as the {qoou} member's forums.

De_Fault wrote:"The server that was donated to is still online and
available to be played on. If {qoou} clan members do not want to play
on the server I admin, then that is their choice and their choice
alone. I am too old and have no patience for clan drama."

The server that was donated to was the {qoou} server, and the only reason it became at all popular was because of {qoou} and the members who played on it. Sorry, de you created the clan drama, and for an "old" man, you're the one who has acted completely immature and unrealistic throughout all of this. If the {qoou} server moves, so should the {qoou} server's funds along with it.

De_Fault wrote:"The password for {qoou} Clan Admins level 5 on my server have been
changed. They have a new server, I see no reason the need for them to
admin on mine. Everyone is welcome to play there as long as they
follow the rules."
Ok..... I couldn't tell you what the old password was.

De_Fault wrote:"In regards to renaming the server. These are my reasonings for doing so;
I saw in the logs that CaptainObvious came into the server and invited
everyone to come try out the "new qoou server" at add 8.9.#.#
(whatever). "
De, I invited them to *test* the server. We're testing it for errors, and we wanted to put some load on it. I don't think it's at all reasonable that we go to our OWN server to find players to test our our new server. I don't give a fuck if your name is on the server's account. As long {qoou} is paying for a server, it's ultimately our server, and we have every right to invite people to try out one server from another, just as we have every right to move to a new server when we feel that the current admin has hung us out to dry.

De_Fault wrote:"Since the clan leader announced a
new clan server on the old server, I took it for face value. If {qoou}
has another server, I saw no reason to keep mine named {qoou} any
longer and create confusion. In looking tonight, that server is listed
with an admin email of admin(at)qoou.com, that indicates to me they are
going forward with it."

I'm the clan leader? That's news to me! The new server has been officially announced? That's news to me! I'm not quite sure how you got that from an email address. However, we're absolutely going forward with the new server, and it will be awesome. ;) I see no problem with you renaming the server... in fact I encourage it. But the second you take our name off our server and make it your own, is the second we should no longer be paying for it... which we still are.

De_Fault wrote:"I helped out {qoou} with a server when one wasn't available when no
one else stepped up to start one. To show gratitude, the clan leader
came into the original server and advertises for the {qoou} clan "new"
server. (IMHO I have always thought it was in piss poor taste to
advertise on someone else's server) at any rate the people on the
server were invited to play on the new server. As I understand it this
was all done before an announcement was made to the clan through the
clan forums that a "new" {qoou} Clan Server existed."

Give me a fucking break. I've thanked you for the server MANY times verbally, and once with my wallet. But maybe you should be the one thanking me for helping to get some people to actually go to it. De, I remember you going onto the tgb servers and advertising to people to get them join your old unpopulated server MANY times. That server died out, but then suddenly, you set up an almost identical server with the qoou named attached to it, and magically, people go to it. Then we go to OUR server which you happen to be admining, but that's been nearly entirely paid for by our members, and ask them to test a new server, and you flip out??? Give me a break de.

De_Fault wrote:"Instead of announcing something as important and beneficial as a new
clan server to the entire clan through internal means i.e. Forums,
they choose first to broadcast it on someone else's server? I always
thought/hoped qoou had more class. My mistake."
De, I went to the ex-qoou server ONE time (while it was OUR server) and asked for people to come and test out the new server. I wasn't announcing anything, I was asking for some testers. I've discussed the new server internally MANY times between chats, private messages, etc... But we are NOT going to mass advertise a server that still has bugs in it. We'll put out plenty of announcements when we feel we're done testing... but you will never see that, because you don't revisit forums that have been spammed on for two or more days.

Also, as a testament to what kind of server you were running, when I invited them to test out our server, one user replied something like "Is it running this crappy mod?" I replied "no", and they said something like "thank god" and proceeded to go to our new server. Don't you think that testing crappy alpha mods behind the qoou name shows our clan in a bad light? Wow I thought/hoped you had more class than that de.

De_Fault wrote:"Again, I see no reason to have 2 Servers named {qoou} Clan Server. I wish them well with their new server."
And I see no good reason for you to hang on to funds that were donated by qoou for the purposes of running the qoou clan's server.

De_Fault wrote:"To everyone who has donated to the server in the past, Thank You again
very much. It was appreciated by not only me. but by everyone who
played on the server."

You're welcome. Let me also thank everyone who's donated. I think it's an amazing thing when a clan is able to sustain itself through the generosity of it's members.

De_Fault wrote:"If you do the math, you will see Total Donations Received have been
$335.00 and the Server Rental Payments have been $252.00 leaving a
balance of $83.00. Since it would only be fair to refund payments in
the order last received (as it makes no sense to refund donations
already spent)"

De, the entire reason for me trying to contact you by email and PM was so that we could figure out how much was owed, and to who. I also completely agree that the people who donated last should be the ones who get their money back. If you would have made it at all possible for me to get in touch with you (I tried xfire, email, the forums, PMs, and UT - not surprisingly it was the forums that actually worked) we could have worked this out quickly and easily.

BUT... and this is a big 'but'. Based solely on on a 3 line post to the forums by me, you have managed to turn around and slander my name while writing an extremely long letter that can be summed up with "Fuck you, it's my money and server now bitches".

To any donators, I encourage you to write to de at de_faults at hotmail.com and wtfdefault at gmail.com (you'd better send a few emails to each) to ask for your remaining funds back. De's a good man, and I'm sure he'll be happy to comply.

And... to de, you're welcome to play on our server at any time. Unlike many other servers, we don't make a habit out of banning people just because we don't like them.

GGs
~CO
Last edited by Captain_Obvious on Sat Jun 24, 2006 4:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Megor

Post by Megor » Sat Jun 24, 2006 9:30 am

Could you edit your post to not have full email addresses so spambots wont pick em up?

Denial
Deck16 Whore

Post by Denial » Sat Jun 24, 2006 7:22 pm

If he wants to keep the money then ok, it's $83.00 it's not worth the hassle of battling it out with de_fault even though I feel that money is owed to us since members of our clan donated it for a purpose of a clan server (which it no longer is).

Anyways, once we get our server up and running I'm sure donations will help keep it going. Just make a post and once funds from my new job start coming in I'll be happy to donate.

BTW. I want admin on the new server ;)
Last edited by Denial on Sat Jun 24, 2006 7:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Turbo_asswhup
1337 H4X0R XTREME

Post by Turbo_asswhup » Sat Jun 24, 2006 7:23 pm

wow drama :shock:

Captain_Obvious
Site Admin

Post by Captain_Obvious » Sat Jun 24, 2006 9:59 pm

Turbo_asswhup wrote:wow drama :shock:
Stay tuned for next week's episode of Days Of Our {qoou}!

Captain_Obvious
Site Admin

Post by Captain_Obvious » Sat Jun 24, 2006 11:24 pm

Denial wrote:If he wants to keep the money then ok, it's $83.00 it's not worth the hassle of battling it out with de_fault even though I feel that money is owed to us since members of our clan donated it for a purpose of a clan server (which it no longer is).
Yeah, I agree... I was mostly concerned about just a couple members, but at this point they feel that it would be too much of a hassle to deal with de and would rather cut their losses.... which is fine, but kinda too bad.

Denial wrote:Anyways, once we get our server up and running I'm sure donations will help keep it going. Just make a post and once funds from my new job start coming in I'll be happy to donate.
I don't know if you've seen the new server yet, but it's 16 player public, vs the old 12 player private. It will also cost us less per month than the old server, so when we donate, our funds will last a little longer. :D And we've also got a few surprises up our sleeves, so I'm excited. :D

Rickshaw
1337 H4X0R XTREME

Post by Rickshaw » Sat Jun 24, 2006 11:34 pm

What's the IP for the new server? I still have the STDAS Manhattan Project under my favorites but it hasn't been up in the past few days.

Also what's the paypal address for the donations :wink:

Denial
Deck16 Whore

Post by Denial » Sat Jun 24, 2006 11:51 pm

8.9.4.3 or 8.9.3.4

I can't remember but it's one of those :p

Captain_Obvious
Site Admin

Post by Captain_Obvious » Sun Jun 25, 2006 12:47 am

or

q1.qoou.com

this one is good in case the IP ever changes for some reason. (like if we change servers :P)

taz...
Semi-Noob

Post by taz... » Sun Jun 25, 2006 6:53 am

:wink:

\/.oDK@
Script Kiddie

Post by \/.oDK@ » Sun Jun 25, 2006 11:18 am

so .yeah hi :) hmmmmmmmmmm,i say we move on and focus on this new {assault}server....no kicking ,hitting,bitting or scraching,weapons only{head shots prefered} :lolll:

I had some laughs on De faults server.worth the money i put in,he put alot of time into that server {too much}and alittle confusing with all the modes :wink:

New {ASSAULT}server>>>can we say :censored: on the server?and can we have bathroom/beer/smoke/run too the store/hump/icecream/:::::idling time with know kick?and what about botting?AND THIS TIME CAN I HAVE FULL ADMIN RITES :roflmao:

:evil: kinda like the drama too>>was getting alittle stale their for a min.

dede
1337 H4X0R XTREME

Post by dede » Sun Jun 25, 2006 11:40 am

tbh I think only sk and CO should have admin rights and by that I mean full admin rights..I also don't don't think that we should have 2 spots reserved for {qoou} cause it sucked that others got booted from the other server(not saying that this is on the new server)also if u wanted 2 do a level admin thingy like De did that would be cool.
day or not I'll be there:)

Rickshaw
1337 H4X0R XTREME

Post by Rickshaw » Sun Jun 25, 2006 12:38 pm

Captain_Obvious wrote:8.9.4.3
Thanks! :D It was down for a while so I wasn't sure if that was a temporary IP or not.

Denial
Deck16 Whore

Post by Denial » Sun Jun 25, 2006 1:18 pm

Rickshaw wrote:
Captain_Obvious wrote:8.9.4.3
Thanks! :D It was down for a while so I wasn't sure if that was a temporary IP or not.
For some reason, it shows as down a lot of the time but if you open the console and open that IP you'll connect just fine. Don't know why this happens though.

Megor

Post by Megor » Sun Jun 25, 2006 2:53 pm

Do we really need another server? Sixpacks server is really good and I've been seeing more and more people on there.

Captain_Obvious
Site Admin

Post by Captain_Obvious » Sun Jun 25, 2006 6:29 pm

\/.oDK@ wrote: New {ASSAULT}server>>>can we say :censored: on the server?and can we have bathroom/beer/smoke/run too the store/hump/icecream/:::::idling time with know kick?and what about botting?
I've never been a big fan of censorship. :P

The server isnt set to kick anyone for idling right now. But in the future, I think a few minutes of idling time is reasonable. Really the main thing I want to avoid is people sitting idle for hours at a time.

Botters can be delt with, and I think this will be easier if we have a few people admining, but I don't think we should install cheat protection to the point that it negatively impacts the gaming experience of the people who are playing fairly.

dede wrote:tbh I think only sk and CO should have admin rights and by that I mean full admin rights..I also don't don't think that we should have 2 spots reserved for {qoou} cause it sucked that others got booted from the other server(not saying that this is on the new server)also if u wanted 2 do a level admin thingy like De did that would be cool.
Well we obviously can't give out ftp access to everyone, but I see no reason why we can't give webadmin access and some other privilages to a few people.

I agree with you about the reserved spots, and I think the server should be available to anyone on a first come first served basis. For one thing, with the 4 extra slots, it will be harder to fill the server, and if by some turn of good luck, the server fills up frequently, we can buy more slots. Also, I think it sends the wrong message to non-qoou players if we make it harder for them to play on our server just because they're not in our clan.
Denial wrote:For some reason, it shows as down a lot of the time but if you open the console and open that IP you'll connect just fine. Don't know why this happens though.
Hmm I'm not sure either. It seems fine right now though. It may have been because was sk resetting the server a few times while he worked on it. Also the "Advertise Server" box was unchecked, so that could explain it not showing up in the server list.

Megor wrote:Do we really need another server?
Well, I see this as more of a replacement clan server than anything, but ultimately the laws of supply and demand will determine if the server is needed. I've had many people tell me that this server has been needed for a long time - really ever since tgb went down, and I think it's worth a shot to make it work.

Rickshaw
1337 H4X0R XTREME

Post by Rickshaw » Sun Jun 25, 2006 6:39 pm

It was down when the name was still "Manhattan Project", but it seems like everything is OK now :D

dede
1337 H4X0R XTREME

Post by dede » Sun Jun 25, 2006 8:59 pm

I agree with CO
day or not I'll be there:)

pinkbandit
{qoou}

Post by pinkbandit » Mon Jun 26, 2006 2:39 am

Captain_Obvious wrote:
Well, I see this as more of a replacement clan server than anything, but ultimately the laws of supply and demand will determine if the server is needed. I've had many people tell me that this server has been needed for a long time - really ever since tgb went down, and I think it's worth a shot to make it work.
I think there will plenty of demand for our server! When the lagbox originally went down alot of ppl just dissapeared, shame but at least the best peeps are still around! :love2: To be fair i missed the lag box, mainly because it was so damn hard to get a game anywhere else. You only have to look at DOG server and 9/10 you always have to spectate in order to get a game, so i believe there is still a demand for decent servers where decent people play. :wink:

Rickshaw
1337 H4X0R XTREME

Post by Rickshaw » Mon Jun 26, 2006 11:24 pm

I was searching through the assault servers one day when I came across "Mr. Loathesome's Moo Cow Server." It's basically a server where people play against a large team of bots.

I added it to my favorites because I remember Mr. Loathesome from TGB, but I never saw anyone on it. However, in the past week, I've seen a lot of activity on this server. I've played on it a few times and it seems that they have a small assault community going. If no one has a problem, I'll invite him (the next time I see him) and anyone else I see over to our server.

I think it would be nice to add some people to the assault community that we have going here :D

BTW the server IP is: 69.210.212.202

Turbo_asswhup
1337 H4X0R XTREME

Post by Turbo_asswhup » Tue Jun 27, 2006 4:14 pm

i like that one too but it is usually empty

what time do you see people on it richshaw?