If anyone cares

Everyone cares about what you have to say.
SixPakSuzy
Uber Fragger

If anyone cares

Post by SixPakSuzy » Sat Nov 29, 2008 11:10 am

Hey everyone. Well, I went and did it again.......

After playing on other servers I never really found one that I thought was admined well and I was just always frustrated. I guess this is part of online game playing. So, I got the bug again to admin my own servers.

I just started another Assault server that is located in New York. I went through a different game server provider and the game is on a Windows box. The control panel is a bit weaker than the CP from clanservers.com. But, I think the box plays a little better. There were several EU players this morning with pings from 90 to 150. My ping from Delaware is 15.

I'm planning on getting a CTF/DM as well as a MH server shortly. (I've been eating Delaware cheesesteaks instead of those expensive Philly cheesesteaks.....so, I got the $$$)

I'm not sure if this will turn out any differently than my other attempts, but, we'll see.

Best,
SPS
SixPakSuzy | aCuteLittleKitten | TheGuyFromSeven | WhiteRussian | Cr4zyB4st4rd | MeanAngryMan

Turbo_asswhup
1337 H4X0R XTREME

Re: If anyone cares

Post by Turbo_asswhup » Sat Nov 29, 2008 4:06 pm

sounds good

Captain_Obvious
Site Admin
Favorite Weapon: Impact Hammer!

Post by Captain_Obvious » Sun Nov 30, 2008 9:36 pm

Awesome. :mrgreen: I might have to get UT working again. I've been having some serious assault cravings. Haha.
You and the Cap'n make it happen!

Turbo_asswhup
1337 H4X0R XTREME

Post by Turbo_asswhup » Sun Nov 30, 2008 11:59 pm

ive said my angry f-ing goodbyes to laggy euro servers...if i play assault, then it is only on NA servers

{qoou}DOS
Spamola King

Post by {qoou}DOS » Mon Dec 01, 2008 1:48 am

Thats good news. I just dl'ed UT again the other day.

For those of you needing a fresh copy ---> http://thepiratebay.org/torrent/3569812 ... LL_ENGLISH
Nicaragua, better than Wisconsin

SixPakSuzy
Uber Fragger

Post by SixPakSuzy » Wed Dec 03, 2008 5:17 pm

Just to give an update....

The server in NJ is now running Monster Hunt. I started a AS server in London that is hosted with GameServers.com. I went with them because I was more comfortable with their control panel. However, in working more with the CP with the UltimateGameServer.com, it really isn't bad....just different. The only issue is I can't change the command line script to auto-start the server. I have to open a trouble ticket. So far, the support from UltimateGameServer.com has been great.

Anyways, back to the London server......its a piece of shit. I had issues with the London install in the past with GameServers.com. I'm going to move it back to the US. I just hope it gets used. I'll let you know when the move is complete.

Best,
SPS
SixPakSuzy | aCuteLittleKitten | TheGuyFromSeven | WhiteRussian | Cr4zyB4st4rd | MeanAngryMan

SixPakSuzy
Uber Fragger

Post by SixPakSuzy » Wed Dec 03, 2008 6:02 pm

The AS server is now in Chicago.

It currently has the standard AS maps (except I have GuardiaII instead of Guardia) in rotation.

What are people's thoughts here? Should I install MapVote with the standard as well as League maps? What about custom maps?

Any other ideas?

Best,
SPS

special_Kare
Server Admin

Post by special_Kare » Wed Dec 03, 2008 7:43 pm

for at least a little while i would leave it standard as possible so people dont have issues d/l packages and such. then when you gain some reputation start adding those. thats just my experience in the past also be sure to test all redirect files to make sure you dont have any laggy files. let me know if you need any help i have lots of old webpages to help you along

p.s. dont forget we have a whole treasure trove of goodies right here: downloads/downloads/ and here most files already compressed and redirect ready downloads/
"I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me."
--Hunter S. Thompson

SixPakSuzy
Uber Fragger

Post by SixPakSuzy » Wed Dec 03, 2008 8:15 pm

Hey SK. Thanks for the links to the download section.

I compress all files and have a decent and reliable redirect. Some of those MH files and maps are huge!

I still have to upload all of the non-standard textures.

Best,
SPS

Captain_Obvious
Site Admin
Favorite Weapon: Impact Hammer!

Post by Captain_Obvious » Wed Dec 03, 2008 9:37 pm

Oh I see how it is... you thank sk for the link, but not me for my precious bandwidth. The speeds I'm serving up are like gold. Gold I tell you! :P
You and the Cap'n make it happen!

PHatHome666
Script Kiddie
Favorite Weapon: Ripper

Post by PHatHome666 » Wed Dec 03, 2008 11:41 pm

Captain_Obvious wrote:Oh I see how it is... you thank sk for the link, but not me for my precious bandwidth. The speeds I'm serving up are like gold. Gold I tell you! :P
IT BE FOOLS GOLD I TELL YE!
FOOLS GOLD YE FOOLISH FOOLS! :twisted:
Wait... what?
Luck is when preparation meets opportunity.
Before.
After.

Turbo_asswhup
1337 H4X0R XTREME

Post by Turbo_asswhup » Thu Dec 04, 2008 12:42 pm

someones jealous

Megor
Noob Forever / Michael Bolton Lover

Post by Megor » Sun Dec 21, 2008 6:55 pm

People still play ut?

PHatHome666
Script Kiddie
Favorite Weapon: Ripper

Post by PHatHome666 » Mon Dec 22, 2008 7:37 am

Megor wrote:People still play ut?
Who are you? :?:
Wait... what?
Luck is when preparation meets opportunity.
Before.
After.

smantie
1337 H4X0R XTREME
Favorite Weapon: Rox / Sniper

Post by smantie » Tue Dec 23, 2008 6:43 pm

I don't really play games anymore, but I'm going to come back and check it out. Thx suzy.
Go Alucard, go go Go!

{qoou}Smantie | ~dzz~Batman! | [-L-]Smantz! | =[NWA]=Elif4zagg!n | [ADC]endgegnerrr | =[SveK]=Tensta! | A*Team|Hannibal