Myspace is an ever-increasing trend.

Everyone cares about what you have to say.
smantie
1337 H4X0R XTREME
Favorite Weapon: Rox / Sniper

Myspace is an ever-increasing trend.

Post by smantie » Wed May 31, 2006 1:20 am

Today I decided to be trendy and post a "blog" on my Myspace. Myspace is very interesting. It is an online community where people can post deep and irrelevent information about themselves in profiles, post blogs, post images, get stalked by sixty-year-old men, and leave people deep and sensitive messages. Myspace has become so popular as of late, I just cannot resist the trend any longer.

Through Myspace, I can post nonsensical comments on other people's profiles (webpages which contain information about friends which you already know) that say "waz ^/? im gud lol u ok im gon go now aight ttyl bye" or "hey just sayin hi wuts up ill ttyl kthxbai." I could never communicate with my friends in this fashion until Myspace.

Come to think of it, I had absolutely no desire to either.

Myspace also has this nifty feature of letting other random strangers know who your top eight friends are. Not only can internet stalkers stalk you, but you can recommend eight of your closest friends to fall victim to internet stalking. Some people actually compete to be someone else's Top 8 Myspace friend. Well, that's all well and good, but you need to tell someone that they are among your top eight friends? Wouldn't they know anyways? What about the 9th friend? I bet they'd feel pretty bad not to be in your Top 8. My point is, Myspace doesn't care about that ninth friend. How many ninth friends do you think there are on Myspace? A couple thousand I'd assume. That means Myspace doesn't care about thousands of it's own users.

How about those Myspace friend requests? I enjoy getting them because half the time I never actually know the people sending them to me. Have you noticed that it's entirely to be Myspace friends, but not actually friends in real life? I'm not talking about the random people from California who have no friends in real life but try to look like they're from The OC on Myspace, but the actual people from your town that you're not actually friends with, you may not even tolerate, but you're friends with on Myspace. I'm sure that means a lot to them.

Another classic feature of Myspace is the ability to post "bulletins." These bulletins are a trendy feature where users can post a message with a title which is sent to all their friends. Many users find themselves posting as any as twelve bulletins within a three minute timespan. Their friends may click on the bulletin titles, which often read "Lol! Z0MFG n00d pix 0f m3 !!1!!!11!" and read the bulletin message. However, these titles are highly decieving, and never actually contain nude pictures, much to the chagrin of of some, and only to the delight of those who don't actually click these links. These bulletins usually make a statement saying "oh n0es! Tom iz gon delete ur account so repost this within 5 mins!!" or "If u dunt repost this message within 1 minut of recievin it than ull got bad luv life for 1 year." With all the superstition and gramatical correctness involved, one can't help but repost these bulletins.

The other wonderful part of Myspace is the tremendous "blogging" feature. The vast majority of Myspace users don't use their blogs, but the few that do find themselves posting blogs as much as fourteen times a day. It should be made quite clear at this time that no one actually reads these blogs. No one cares. If someone were to post meaningful information on Myspace, it would be lost among the blatant idiocy, rampant advertising, pseudo-trend setting, and sheer apathy of the Myspace populus. Myspace also allows you to post what media you are bombarding yourself with. Myspace allows you to choose your media from a search tool, which rarely yields results. It's state-of-the-art technology for the pre-Y2K generation.

Have you ever gotten one of those lovely Myspace errors or told you're just not allowed to log in or perform basic functions with your Myspace? It's a common occurance and you're not alone. Myspace will give you on an average of twenty seconds. If I wanted that many errors, I could dig out my old 1991 PC and run DOS again.

My point is, despite Myspace's numerous flaws, frauds, and failures, it's still ever-so-trendy. I wish I had more of them.
Go Alucard, go go Go!

{qoou}Smantie | ~dzz~Batman! | [-L-]Smantz! | =[NWA]=Elif4zagg!n | [ADC]endgegnerrr | =[SveK]=Tensta! | A*Team|Hannibal

PIECER
Uber Fragger

Post by PIECER » Wed May 31, 2006 9:05 am

Thanks for the public service announcement! :D You didnt mention that originally myspace was for musical bands, which it still is but being taken over by aliens :wink:

smantie
1337 H4X0R XTREME

Post by smantie » Wed May 31, 2006 9:13 am

PIECER wrote:Thanks for the public service announcement! :D You didnt mention that originally myspace was for musical bands, which it still is but being taken over by aliens :wink:
Yeah to be honest I didn't know that. I wrote that sometime in March. I enjoyed it and others thought it was at least semi-humorous so I thought I'd share.
Go Alucard, go go Go!

{qoou}Smantie | ~dzz~Batman! | [-L-]Smantz! | =[NWA]=Elif4zagg!n | [ADC]endgegnerrr | =[SveK]=Tensta! | A*Team|Hannibal

{qoou}DOS
Spamola King

Post by {qoou}DOS » Wed May 31, 2006 1:22 pm

what makes you think i would want to run again?
Nicaragua, better than Wisconsin

smantie
1337 H4X0R XTREME

Post by smantie » Wed May 31, 2006 8:18 pm

DOS_Junkie wrote:what makes you think i would want to run again?
Good point. On a completely non-related topic, I went to a track meet and there were people running there. It was fun.
Go Alucard, go go Go!